Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why S22 curve is like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitking

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am working on a triple stack amplifier. I just baised it, all transistors are in saturation, and wanted to check S22. The resistances are negative. What could be wrong. I am not sure If I can share the netlist outside for this technology. Also Is there any particular method (Like defined formulas) to provide how much bias voltage at the input of all the three transistors (Say M1 is the bottom transistor to which I give signal. Bottom M1 -> M2-> M3 (Top)) such that all of them will be in saturation. I know how to choose the gate voltage at M1 but I am not exactly sure how much gate voltage tp be given to M1 and M2. Thanks

Anyone know any other good book for stacked transistor amplifier other than Millimeter-Wave Power Amplifiers by Jaco du Preez, Saurabh Sinha

S22.JPG

Last edited:

I want to have positive resistances. I am wondering how to make it possible

You amplifier may be unstable..

Yes it is, but If I have to keep degenerative inductor it needs to a huge value. I tried with small inductance values but still it is unstable.

Yes it is, but If I have to keep degenerative inductor it needs to a huge value. I tried with small inductance values but still it is unstable.
There are methods to stabilize an amplifier such as connecting a resistor at input and/or at output.A negative feedback may also stabilize the amplifier..

There are methods to stabilize an amplifier such as connecting a resistor at input and/or at output.A negative feedback may also stabilize the amplifier..

I have seen in a book, a capactior is also used. I am still wondering how bias is provided when capacitor is kept in the signal path as shown in the figure.

CapacitanceForNRes.PNG

Simply bias circuitries are not showed.
That’s all.

I know that bias is not shown. If at all bias is connected, where should it be connected?.

Anyway, I found out where It should be connected without disturbing biasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back