Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the difference between IRF510 and IRF510N?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadeit

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is N MOSFET IRF510 the same as IRF510N?
If not what is difference?

ief510.png

Infineon (who now owns IR) doesn’t even list the 510N. Maybe it’s a counterfeit part. I’d just try it.

Maybe.
On the other side when you make counterfei why would you change the name?
IRF510N are commonly found, for **broken link removed**

Hi,

You buy a "unbranded" electronic device, made in china, from an unreliable source, without datasheet.
So what do you expect from us?
All we can do is give "equal unreliable" informations.
Maybe one user tells you his experience is that it is equal to the original part, because it has identical R_ds_on.
Maybe another user tells you that it is not equal because it has different Coss.
--> You can never be sure.

In the end only you will be responsible for what parts you use.

Klaus

IRF510 has been discontinued by IRF/Infineon since many years but is still stocked at catalog distributors. I never saw an IRF510N type made by IRF. Can you show me a datasheet or official catalog?

Other N postfix types have be made by IRF or are still made by Infineon.

IRF510N are commonly found, for example
Apparently all from Chinese sources. If they prove good for your purposes, don't worry about N postfix.

it is a little different.
IRF510 not a prinary only product of IR, but De facto industry standard manufactured in many campny , today for example IRF510 make **broken link removed**
and IRF510N was partnumber for this transistor in Motorola Solution Inc. see her

Motorola became Onsemi, and THEY don’t list an IRF510N EITHER. If you follow the link on datasheet360 to the alleged IRF510N, there’s no such part listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.