Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DRC and LVS in Calibre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ata-Va

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I am using Calibre to check DRC and LVS of my layout. Unlike the Assura which seems straightforward, I am having hard times understanding DRC errors reported by Calibre. I was wondering if there is any helpful document or video in this regard? Thanks in advance.

Are you having difficulty understanding the actual violation, or using the tool? If you’re having a hard time understanding the violations, the PDK documentation usually includes a DRC manual that has a more detailed explanation of the violations. I would suggest trying to find that document to help you understand those cryptic DRC errors.

As ljp noted, if it is the specific error, check the PDK documentation. Calibre provides the tools, but the PDK creator defines what is actually being checked.

If it is how to use the Calibre tools, open the "InfoHub" version of the documentation (from a Calibre GUI, it should be under the Help menu). This will open in a browser; on the left nav, find the "Videos" tab. It lists a bunch of introductory videos. If the problem is in locating the spots in the layout corresponding to the errors, you probably want the videos that mention Calibre Interactive or Calibre RVE. (The video series is also packaged as a PDF in the pdfdocs directory: calbr_gs.pdf. Can't recall if those videos play locally or take you to Mentor's Support site, though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back