Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Identify capacitor with marking code L62 104

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teslavivek

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, Pls Anybody Tell me,what type of capacitor ?? the capacitor wrote it L62 104

Last edited by a moderator:

Please post a hi-res pic of the component.

While we wait for that, "104" probably implies 10,000 pF, or 0.01nF. The pic would clarify if this is correct or not.

Hi,

I agree with: "104 means 10,000 pF" = 10 x 10^4 pF (can be found million times in the internet)

But it's 10nF then...

Klaus

The 104 is a 100nF / 0.1uF. The caps are typically marked with the first two digits significant and the third digit indicates # of 0's to follow.

The L62 may be a lot # / date code for a manufacturer or some other parameter info coded by the manufacturer.

Hi,

Of course. 100n.

10 x 10^4 = 100,000 pF.

Maybe it's a bit late today for me.

Klaus

Thanks for your reply Mr.klaus,

I know that was 0.1microfarad...but I need to know why they mention L62 & some other capacitor X5R??

Hi,

Of course. 100n.

10 x 10^4 = 100,000 pF.

Maybe it's a bit late today for me.

Klaus

Agreed. Even later for me. 100nF it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your reply Mr.klaus,

I know that was 0.1microfarad...but I need to know why they mention L62 & some other capacitor X5R??

Well, the X5R notation is well known - it specifies temperature/ stability/ voltage etc. The L62 don't know.

Is there a pic, or is this just a theoretical question?

20190720_005501.jpg

I troubleshooting mosfet driver their they using this type capacitor for boostrap operation, so I need to replace the capacitor because that one faulty

I troubleshooting mosfet driver,I found this type capacitor was they using boostrap operation ....so I need to replace the capacitor because this capacitor was faulty

That's why I ask this what type of capacitor?? In universal case most of electronics people they using X7R type capacitor for boostrap operation....but this one different type (L62)

Hi,

OK, why not think the other way round?
You say the capacitor is defective ... then maybe it wa not the best suited capacitor for this application.

--> find out the Mosfet_driver_partname, download the datasheet and find out what the manufacturer recommends.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.