Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

In PrimeTime, how can I view setup/hold times per endpoint in easy format for parsing

Status
Not open for further replies.

majd229

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, Im trying to output setup/hold times for synchronous endpoints into a side report.

Im using the below, but it only shows me slack in easily parsed format. If i use -path_type full, Itll create a little paragraph for each path, which is very hard to parse:
report_timing -delay_type min_max -path_type summary -group someGroup

If I do the below, with the option attached to it it shows me required time (setup/hold) and actual time (arrival time) and slack in easily parsed format. However, it will only show violating paths (negative slack, but i want to see ALL paths "required time", even passing ones, because i just want to grab the setup/hold times regardless of passing or failing.
Additionally, I can't do this for a particular group, it does it for ALL groups:
report_constraint -all_violators -max_delay -path_type end //then repeat for min_delay.

so is there any other way? How can i do it?

There are a million ways you can parse the reports with external tools. Writing a python parser is so easy these days.

Another alternative is to learn TCL, which will come in handy in so many IC design tools. TCL has very good support for lists and collections that allow you to easily parse through the paths.

There are a million ways you can parse the reports with external tools. Writing a python parser is so easy these days.

Another alternative is to learn TCL, which will come in handy in so many IC design tools. TCL has very good support for lists and collections that allow you to easily parse through the paths.

I know how to use TCL with PrimeTime, but how can i use it to parse the reports? The commands dont return a list/collection/array, they just return the text AFAIK

I am not a primetime user but I found the answer through goggle in a couple of clicks:
set x [get_timing_paths -from A -through B -to C]

Come on man...

I am not a primetime user but I found the answer through goggle in a couple of clicks:
set x [get_timing_paths -from A -through B -to C]

Come on man...

Wow, thanks man. I'm new to this whole EDA tool analysis so I didnt know what you meant. Now it's so much better!
Do you mind telling me what you exactly searched up on Google? Just so I know the keywords and style to search things up in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back