Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Source of resistors without buying bulk

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmarchy

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Does anyone have a source of cheap 1/4W resistors in the UK?

I don't want many (15 of each decade) but RS seems to sell in bulk (1000 / 5000 at a time) and mouser seems to be charging around 20p each (around £30 for 150 resistors). Does this sound reasonable or are there any cheaper sources?

Hi,

Farnell for example sells resistors.
But without knowing the package....we even don't know whether you want THM or SMD...

Klaus

I used to buy 1/4W leaded resistors from element14. They are in paper tapes and quantity was 50+, 100+, 250+ and 1000+.

I paid about 1 MYR (USD 0.25) for 4 pieces of resistors. I have bought in small quantity of 50 pcs and 100 pcs. Some of the named brands like Vishay were very expensive. So I normally bought the MULTICOMP brand which are cheaper.

Nowadays I bought 1/4W, 1% resistors from Banggood. They came in various values and each value with 20 resistors. I just bought 2000 pcs of 100 values resistors from them shipping free. So that would probably last me 5 to 10 years. Values like 10K and 4,7K can be bought in bulk from E14. I did bought one time 1000pcs of 10K resistors from them and still have 50% leftover after doing a project.

Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back