Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with my echo circuit using PT2399

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandhuskumar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using PT2399 IC for my echo circuit as shown in the application circuit. The circuit is working fine alone. But I'm using a mixer to feed the input. I'm using my yamaha mixer's auxillary output to feed the input of echo circuit and the output of echo circuit is fed to another channel (say echo channel), the mic is plugged into another channel of the mixer. When the fader of the echo channel is increased, the clarity of the mic output is decreasing and the sound gets dampened. It sounds as if the bass is decreasing and the sound is getting flat. I don't understand what the problem is. Please help me.

It’s not really clear from your description what you’re doing, but my guess is that you have a phasing issue. For example, when you’ve got stereo speakers hooked up “out of phase”, in other words, you’ve got the positive of one channel going to the negative input of the speaker, you’ll get bass cancellation, since the speaker cones are moving in opposite directions for a given signal.

Hi,

My idea:
The echo is inverted (for low frequencies).

Klaus

The standard PT2399 application circuit is sending the low-pass filtered original signal to the output, that's not appropriate for an echo effect connected to the effect send and return of a mixing console.

pt2399.PNG

You better connect the delayed signal only (red) to the effect return. The low pass filter may still affect the sound quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back