Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Verilog Coding in Cadence Vertuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junus2012

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using Cadence vertuoso IC6.1.5-64b

It is the first time for me to write verilog in Cadence,

I have created new cell view in one of my libraries. I selected the Verilog with HDL reading option as you can see from the pictures I attached.

The problem is that I am unable to type in this editor ,

Thanks

1.png

2.png

oh boy, you are so lost.
the editor you are using is VI, it requires the use of keyboard shortcuts. if you don't know how to use VI, use any other editor you know how to!
the name of the tool is vIrtuoso, not vertuoso.
finally, why are you coding verilog for use within virtuoso? virtuoso is for custom design, for drawing polygons. the tool you want is probably RTL compiler/genus.

Thank you for your reply,

I use the verilog to fast implement some digital part in my circuit before I customly build it with my technology.

One question please, If I create a Verilog cell, is it ok to attach it to the technology I use in my circuit (like MOSIS, etc..) or I must attach it to different kind of library

by the way this editor from Virtuoso is not allowing me to copy and paste the code from other editor

If I create a Verilog cell, is it ok to attach it to the technology I use in my circuit (like MOSIS, etc..) or I must attach it to different kind of library
It has no meaning, unless you have layout view.

by the way this editor from Virtuoso is not allowing me to copy and paste the code from other editor
You can copy and paste by ability of X-Window.

If you would like to use other editor, e.g. emacs than vi editor, set it as Unix Environment Variable, “EDITOR”.

If you would like to use native editor of Virtuoso, put envSetVal("textedit" "useExternalEditor" 'boolean nil) in your .cdsinit.

These are very basic issues. I suggest you talk to the instructor/professor/TA of your course. Perhaps even a friend with some knowledge of linux can be of assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back