Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I know inbetween which pins do arcs exist in PrimeTime for timing libs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

majd229

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to basically print all setup and hold and delay times between all paths.
I want to print them whether they violate or not, basically to do comparison analysis between this lib and another lib (compare eg. setup time of lib1 vs. setup time of lib2, regardless of whetehr they violate or not).

I can print setup/hold by doing (and please correct me if im wrong or if theres a better way?):
report_timing -delay_type max -nosplit -max_paths 10000 -path_type summary -slack_greater_than -10000 -slack_lesser_than 10000 //for setup
report_timing -delay_type min -nosplit -max_paths 10000 -path_type summary -slack_greater_than -10000 -slack_lesser_than 10000 //for hold

but to print all delay times, i cant do that. Ill have to give it -from pin1 -to pin2 path. eg:
report_delay_calculation -from portx -to instance_design1/pinY

But i get a message saying there are no timing arcs between these 2 points.
How can I find all pairs that have a path between them?
How can i report delay calc for all paths instead of doing it individually one by one?

Thank you

Try this command
report_lib -timing_arcs tech_lib {AN2 OR2}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back