Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best books for Current mirrors and differential amplifiers using MOSFFET

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitking

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I need suggestion on this. I know about current mirrors and differential ampifiers but it is like bits and pieces, I want to connect all those pieces. I know that I can go back and refer a book but I have a ton of books with me. I open a book and feel like I don't even need all that they explain and stop in the middle. Namely

1. CMOS Circuit Design, Layout, and Simulation, Second Edition by Jacob Baker
2.Analysis_and_Design_of_Analog_Integrated_Circuits_5th edition by Gray Meyer
3.Allen, Phillip E._ Holberg, Douglas R-CMOS analog circuit design
4.Analog integrated circuits design (johns,martin)
5.Design Analog CMOS Circuits, Razavi
6.Microelectronic circuits (5th ed.) by Adel S. Sedra, Kenneth C. Smith and many more

and all of the them talk about these. If I read all of them, I would get confused a lot. I want advice from you, who already studied a good book and got all the required knowledge on these concepts precise and concisely. Thanks

I can not tell you what is the best book, but let me tell you something which I think it's the best for you in this case.

If I was you,

I will firstly clarify which problem do I have. What kind of design, knowledge do I want to know.
Then I will break down it and make some check list of things I do not know.
After that, I will try to find solution, information from all resource I have (book, internet, friend, advisor...)

I think no one can tell which is the best book, especially they do not know what is problem/design goal.

A differential amplifier is commonly made from a long-tail pair. I needed to experiment with simulations, for hours at a time, to learn its behavior.

The left-hand transistor plays give-and-take with the right-hand transistor. When one is turned on more, it causes the other to conduct less.

A current mirror is not always necessary.
A current (regulated) source is not always necessary.

As for what happens when both inputs change the same amount, the transistors do not detect a difference, thus output is unchanged. This is common mode rejection.

When experimenting, it requires a lot of adjustments to find proper levels for supply rails, Ampere levels, node voltages, etc., to persuade the circuit to perform as a differential detector.

Then I will break down it and make some check list of things I do not know.

Nice, I'll do that. Sometimes it is such a pity that I don't even know what I don't know and what else is left to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back