Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LabVIEW test gui based software

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishjay

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have two different vendor microcontrollers & both have their softwares for same application. Can we make functional tests for both microcontrollers software with LabVIEW based GUI independently?

Thanks in advance

Hi,
I have two different vendor microcontrollers & both have their softwares for same application. Can we make functional tests for both microcontrollers software with LabVIEW based GUI independently?

Thanks in advance

Yes. I don't know what your micro controller application does, but the basic idea is that you will exercise the board(s) with some stimulus and look for some response. A PC will run your Labview VI. The PC can be connected to the board(s) with an I/O device. It could be serial, IEEE488, USB or Ethernet-based. The VISA interface will talk VISA or LXI.

National Instruments has several low-cost, USB interfaces that might work for you: USB-6003, USB-6002, USB-6001, and USB-6000
Agilent also has a couple of DAQs. Most notably the 34970A Data Acquisition/Switch Unit. It takes up to 3 3490X cards in back that are specific to what you want to interface to. You may need other instruments to make more complex measurements. Again, it all depends on your application.

--WA4OSH

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
This follow-on is directed at third party readers that may be building LabView hardware test fixtures:

National Instruments has several low-cost, USB interfaces that might work for you: USB-6003, USB-6002, USB-6001, and USB-6000
You might also want to look at the National USB-6501. You can embed these boards into a test fixture. If you have some DIP switches with pull-ups on these boards, they can report an address or identity of the test fixture.

[Agilent also has a couple of DAQs.]
For very large projects with lots of I/O of different types, take a look at the Agilent 34980A chassis.

You may need other instruments to provide the right stimulus and take measurements on the microprocessor board. It all really depends on what your microprocessor board does and what functionality you need tested.

--WA4OSH

Status
Not open for further replies.