Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Absorption in HFSS Design with Hybrid Regions/Boundaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeChuck

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, as you can see in the attached picture, i have a setup of two antennas interacting throughout a mirror (blue arrows). to avoid crosstalk (red arrow) of the antennas, a absorber is placed.

To model this in an HFSS Design, i used for the antennas a volume with Finite Element Boundary Integral (FE-BI). For the metallic mirror i use a Hybrid Region.

My question is, how to model the absorber ? I tried to use Absorbing Boundary Conditions (ABC) but they are not allowed in combination with Hybrid Regions/Boundaries.

Does anyone know, whats the proper way to model this setup to avoid the crosstalk ?

The absorber, in reality, have a pyramidal like mesh on the surface, but to recreate this surface and furthermore to simulate it would increase the simulation time dramtically and not in the sense of the Hybrid feature. Also the dielectric parameter of the absorber is unknown.

Thank you.

BR,
LeChuck

radiation_scheme.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back