+ Post New Thread
    Member level 5

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Attempting to get a license for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xcvu440'

I'm trying to synthesize a certain design using Vivado 17.4, but the synthesis was terminated and i have failed message.
    No errors appear but i have this message
    " Attempting to get a license for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xcvu440' "
    Note ( Design is synthesized properly using Xillinx ISE )

•   AltAdvertisement

Super Moderator
    Helped
    1728 / 1728
    Level

Re: Attempting to get a license for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xcvu440'

If you are using the Webpack tools Ultrascale parts are not supported for that version of the tools. You need to have a full purchased license.

1 members found this post helpful.

•   AltAdvertisement

Member level 5

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by ads-ee View Post
    If you are using the Webpack tools Ultrascale parts are not supported for that version of the tools. You need to have a full purchased license.
    I used "Vivado HLS 2017.4".
    In Xillinx ISE the design is properly synthesized and implemented using " Defense-grade Virtex-6Q", but i cant find this family in vivado i found (Defense-grade Virtex-7Q) but generated "synthesis failed ".
    How can i add this family to vivado "Defense-grade Virtex-6Q" or finding a alternative one.
    Note ( i have tried all families in Vivado and gives the same message".

•   AltAdvertisement

Super Moderator
    Helped
    1728 / 1728
    Level

I don't have time to look up the part support for Vivado right now, but the information is available on Xilinx's website, but I don't believe that 6Q is supported in Vivado. Vivado was designed for 7 series and beyond. Everything prior to 7 series is only supported on ISE.

The synthesis failed message may be due to cores being generated in a different family on a different tool platform. You may have to generate new IP cores in Vivado for V7Q for it to work properly. I vaguely recall being told by the FAE to generate new IP cores when I migrated a design from K6 to K7 years ago

1 members found this post helpful.

Member level 5

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by ads-ee View Post
    I don't have time to look up the part support for Vivado right now, but the information is available on Xilinx's website, but I don't believe that 6Q is supported in Vivado. Vivado was designed for 7 series and beyond. Everything prior to 7 series is only supported on ISE.

The synthesis failed message may be due to cores being generated in a different family on a different tool platform. You may have to generate new IP cores in Vivado for V7Q for it to work properly. I vaguely recall being told by the FAE to generate new IP cores when I migrated a design from K6 to K7 years ago
    Still have the same problem.

•   AltAdvertisement

Advanced Member level 4
    Achievements:
    7 years registered Created Blog entry
    Helped
    277 / 277
    Level
    Blog Entries

Note ( Design is synthesized properly using Xillinx ISE )
    Adding the ads-ee comments from above....
    Xilinx ISE is for Series6 and previous versions of FPGAs.
    If your target FPGA has changed, so should your Xilinx tools also.

I am pretty much sure Virtex-6Q and the XVCU* will have different Xilinx primitives.
    FPGA enthusiast!

Advanced Member level 5
    Achievements:
    7 years registered

Helped
    2025 / 2025
    Level

Without posting the actual errors there is little we can do to help.
    Do you have a full paid licence for vivado or are you just using the web-pack?

--[[ ]]--