Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Saving the layout in innovus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinmaye

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
I have generated a layout in innovus for a sequential circuit. I have run all the steps including routing. Now i would like to save the layout and would like to access it again further. I am trying the option save-> gdsii. But cannot find a gds file in any folder.
TIA

Innovus will not open a GDS file, it can only export GDS files that you can later open with other tools (virtuoso, calibre, etc). You should use the 'save design' option instead.

I am trying the option save-> gdsii. But cannot find a gds file in any folder. I am attaching the screenshot of the steps i am following to get gds file. Please let me know what i am missing. Plz help me with commands to generate gds file

Attachments

• 27473.jpg
    27473.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 259
  • 67316.jpg
    67316.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 234

Did you bother to check the log to see if something went wrong?

Yes sir. The log file does not show any error. Attaching the log file for reference. Could you please let me know if there are any commands that can be run to get the gds file instead of GUI?

Attachments

• innovus.txt
    25.4 KB · Views: 155

Notice that there is a problem in the log: "No GDS was output for 203 UNPLACED instances"
Also notice that the log itself shows you the command to export a GDS file: streamOut

Thank you sir. I was able to generate the gds file using the command stream out. But when i use the same .gds file to generate layout in virtuoso, there are lots of missing layers and it looks completely different including VDD and VSS. Attaching both for reference. Could you please help me with this?

Attachments

• layout.png
    layout.png
    116.4 KB · Views: 200

GDS was exported incorrectly or imported incorrectly. Read the PDK information, make sure to use the right mapping files, and read the logs from innovus and virtuoso.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back