Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get s paramter from finite structure in HFSS? (metmaterial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1dbduddls

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys:)
I'm using HFSS and I'm learning about this software

I'm studying in Metamaterial absorber.
as you know analysis for infinite array, we can use floquet port
but I want to analysis and get s parameter in finite structure like 13X13 array or curved structure

How can i get s parameter from curved surface or finite structure?

Welcome 1dbduddls,

I assume for an absorber the mode you're interested in is a free-space plane wave. For finite simulations, you pretty much always want driven modal simulations. In the case of the PW, you can use either a Floquet port, a standard wave port with PEC/PMC side walls, or an incident plane wave excitation.

Good Luck!

Welcome 1dbduddls,

I assume for an absorber the mode you're interested in is a free-space plane wave. For finite simulations, you pretty much always want driven modal simulations. In the case of the PW, you can use either a Floquet port, a standard wave port with PEC/PMC side walls, or an incident plane wave excitation.

Good Luck!

Welcome 1dbduddls,

Good Luck!

Thank you for answer my question :cool:

and Sorry for ask again

I made a structure and surround with region. and I assigned incident plane wave on top of the region
(plane wave setup
1. plane wave location : x=0, y=0, z=15 (because my region hight is 15mm)
2. Eo vector : x=1, y=0, z=0
3. k vector : x=0, y=0, z=-1 (because i want to make wave direction top to bottom)
4. Analysis : solution frequency 13Ghz and Frequency sweep :8Ghz to 12Ghz+checked 3D Field wave option check box
)
123123123123.png

After finished analysis, I can see the Field distribution but I can't find s parameter in Result

I know i'm doing silly question but Can you help me?

It's actually not a silly question: incident plane wave is probably the hardest to work with; because you have to calculate the scattering parameters yourself.

The easiest route from here is to replace the IPW with a wave port on the surface you have selected. Otherwise if you're set on the IPW:

a) Set up integration equations in the field solvers to integrate power over the "Input" and "Output" faces.

b) Using the Fields->"Edit Sources" menu, you can select between incident, reflected, and total fields.

c) S11 is just 10log(ReflectedPowerInput/IncidentPowerInput), and S21 is 10log(TotalPowerOutput/IncidentPowerInput).

Good Luck!

It's actually not a silly question: incident plane wave is probably the hardest to work with; because you have to calculate the scattering parameters yourself.

The easiest route from here is to replace the IPW with a wave port on the surface you have selected. Otherwise if you're set on the IPW:

a) Set up integration equations in the field solvers to integrate power over the "Input" and "Output" faces.

b) Using the Fields->"Edit Sources" menu, you can select between incident, reflected, and total fields.

c) S11 is just 10log(ReflectedPowerInput/IncidentPowerInput), and S21 is 10log(TotalPowerOutput/IncidentPowerInput).

Good Luck!

I am also interested in this kind of idea. I am wondering How to Set up integration equations in the field solvers to integrate power over the "Input" and "Output" faces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back