Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pins of symbol and layout do not match

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdoboua

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I encountered this problem when I tried to generate layout from schematics automaticaly.

result.png

problem_do_not_match.png

after doing connctivity > update > binding I got this result
Please help me to solve the problem.Your help appreciated

Why don't you use directly Layout-XL-->Update ?? What is Binding for ?

it tells me that the symbol pins (G D S B) don't correspond to those of the layout(p D S)

*WARNING* (LX-2003): Cannot create instance terminal on layout instance 'M0' because the instance master 'NCSU_Devices_FreePDK45/NMOS_VTL/layout' does not have a corresponding terminal 'B'.
*WARNING* (LX-2003): Cannot create instance terminal on layout instance 'M0' because the instance master 'NCSU_Devices_FreePDK45/NMOS_VTL/layout' does not have a corresponding terminal 'D'.
*WARNING* (LX-2003): Cannot create instance terminal on layout instance 'M0' because the instance master 'NCSU_Devices_FreePDK45/NMOS_VTL/layout' does not have a corresponding terminal 'G'.
*WARNING* (LX-2003): Cannot create instance terminal on layout instance 'M0' because the instance master 'NCSU_Devices_FreePDK45/NMOS_VTL/layout' does not have a corresponding terminal 'S'.

*WARNING* (BND-2055): The 'permuteRule' property on cellview 'NCSU_Devices_FreePDK45/NMOS_VTL/layout' was ignored because it contains invalid terminal names, '(p D S)'.
In the 'Simulation Information' tab of the 'Edit CDF' form for the auLvs simulator,
set the permute rule for the cell using valid terminal names.

I don't know how to update pins to match them

Is that PDK complete ?? It ought to be..Otherwise there is no sense to use it.
You cannot make them a pair ( schematic and layout views ) if there is not a corresponding.Either there is an installation error ( missing script or skill function etc.) or the version of Virtuoso layout Editor is not compatible.Have you ever checked primitive layout of the transistor ?? You should see that the pins are there..

conserning the PDK, the TechLib file contains just layouts ,and schematics are in the NCSU_Devices_FreePDK45 folder, this might be the problem, so I copied the schematics to each cell in the TechLib.
conserning the skill function I get errors in WIC (photo)
for the primitive layout I think It doesn't show pins ,but schematics show them, here is an example for NMOS_VTL
Thank you for your time.
NMOS_VTL.pngsymbol_nmos_vtl.pngTechLib.pngFreePDK45.pngncsu_basekit.pnglib.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back