Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diode value in voltage doubler circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

i200yrs

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all...I am repairing a high voltage glassman power supply. I found 2 diodes blown but I cant figure out the value even I google it. It looks like it in the voltage doubler circuit with capacitor rating 0.002uF/6.5KV. Is there any way we can identify the diode value/rating? thanks

hvdiode.JPG

I suppose you have a service manual for the power supply ? They usually provide circuit schematics and parts lists. If not possibly writing to the manufacturer might yield some results.

Here's one manual which I found online

Hello all...I am repairing a high voltage glassman power supply. I found 2 diodes blown but I cant figure out the value even I google it. It looks like it in the voltage doubler circuit with capacitor rating 0.002uF/6.5KV. Is there any way we can identify the diode value/rating? thanks

View attachment 154209

Try use a CL01-12 they are pretty cheap and common and they are good for 12KV.

I suppose you have a service manual for the power supply ? They usually provide circuit schematics and parts lists. If not possibly writing to the manufacturer might yield some results.

Here's one manual which I found online

Thanks a lot for the time spent searching the manual online...I just opened it I cant see high voltage diode from the schematic but there's no value.

- - - Updated - - -

Try use a CL01-12 they are pretty cheap and common and they are good for 12KV.

Ok great...let me purchase this one and try...it should probably work with 15KV output....thanks

those numbers look like date codes - what else is on the devices?

Ok great...let me purchase this one and try...it should probably work with 15KV output....thanks

Yeah they are tough diodes, but you can always put two or more in series if you need much higher voltages.

Status
Not open for further replies.