Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coded Ultrasound Pulse obstacle finding

Status
Not open for further replies.

adnan012

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

I want to implement the technique for obstacle finding , presented in the attached file.
I don't have experience in signal processing. I need information regarding correlation.
As described in paper ,echo pattern is per-stored for matching the received echoes. How reference patterns are determined?
How reference pattern is correlated with the received signals?

Regards

Attachments

• Coded Pulse Transmission and Correlation.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 105

Evidently a lookup table (reference) is stored. The algorithm compares the echo times, together with the lookup table. The result is distance of an obstacle, perhaps height and direction.

That's merely my conjecture. The article tells a lot of information, but it conceals a lot too. The Figure 41 shows typical waveforms going through the device, however it's a cryptic diagram because the waveforms do not appear to align on an identical timescale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back