Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help identify diode LV1 G629

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikev90210

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I am trying to replace a couple of diodes from a DVR. One of the diodes is shorted and the other is open. They are connected to the 12V input connector as far as I can tell.
The diode is an SMD with only LV1 G629 written on it. Please let me know what I can replace this with. There were two other of these diodes on the board which both read 0.6V and 1.2V forward/reverse bias. I am not sure how they were connected to give these measurements. Thank you all.

A high-res photo of the component usually helps identification quicker. Please provide.

Thank you for your reply. I am attaching the photos. Hopefully they help.

IMG_8640 copy.jpg

IMG_8630.jpg

Nope sorry. Can't find anything definite about these markings.
Can you reveal the maker/ model of your DVR ? Sometimes companies in east asia use parts locally made which are harder to trace.

Or you might be able to get hold of a maintenance/ service manual for the same and see what part is listed.

One of the diodes is shorted and the other is open. They are connected to the 12V input connector as far as I can tell.
Surely you should know that the mere information that both the diodes are connected to a 12v bus is not elucidative by itself since diodes are polarized devices; but if I were to bet based on the information that there are 2 diodes connected to something, and that the only info found on the Web regarding diodes with SMD marking codes similar to that of the photo, I would guess that it is a suppression diode:

From the picture seems like Anode from one is connected to Kathode from other, also suggesting the typical arrangement diodes limmiting input within a range of [Vcc+Vd,GND-Vd] but once both are close to the Jack connector (12v power input ?). Anyway it is likely the first supposition makes more sense, in the case, suppression diodes. In short, try to provide additional information regarding what else is connected in the nearby of the burned device.

Thank you for your response.
It is a Telpix TVST-TR2916A 16CH TR series 1080P Hybrid Security DVR System
I tried looking for a service manual but haven't had any luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.