Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST studio shows Gamma at only one frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

zpal

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello! I am new to CST studio suite and have some questions about it. As a simple example I want to simulate a cylindrical waveguide in terahertz frequency range. First of all I've drawn a cylinder, have set background to pec and have set waveports at faces of the cylinder. I 've set boundaries at faces of the waveguide as open, other boundaries as Et =0. The number of modes in port was set to five. Then I've chosen the frequency domain solver. The frequency range was set from 0.4 to 4 THz as equidistant samples. I want to get only propagation constant Gamma. That's why I've set "solve ports modes only" option. But after the calculations were done, I ' ve found that Gamma was calculated at only one frequency of 2.2 THz - in the center of my frequency range. But I want to get imaginary and real parts of Gamma at all frequencies - 0.4;1.0;1.6;2.2;2.8;3.4;4.0 THz. How can I get it in CST studio with frequency domain solver?

Here is my project (CST studio 2019).

Attachments

• one_freq_mistake.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 116

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back