Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB ordering question from a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabild2

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I have a project about switches and I am trying to make my own pcb. I will be using some switch ICs to make a bigger switch. I have so many questions but now the thing that concerns me is,
-While ordering my pcb, for example from ******, there are options like the overall thickness and etc.
1- Will I give them the stack up layers and they will make it ?
I am thinking about using RO4003, and rogers datasheet says it has 0.203mm thickness.
2- So do i have to show that at my gerber files?
I checked ****** website and they say they have a standart minimum prepreg thickness,
3- do i have to calculate those all numbers and put it in a .pdf file?

Please help your future friend, I want to work in this field and be part of this community

Hello, I have a project about switches and I am trying to make my own pcb. I will be using some switch ICs to make a bigger switch. I have so many questions but now the thing that concerns me is,
-While ordering my pcb, for example from ******, there are options like the overall thickness and etc.
1- Will I give them the stack up layers and they will make it ?
I am thinking about using RO4003, and rogers datasheet says it has 0.203mm thickness.
2- So do i have to show that at my gerber files?
I checked ****** website and they say they have a standart minimum prepreg thickness,
3- do i have to calculate those all numbers and put it in a .pdf file?

Please help your future friend, I want to work in this field and be part of this community

Hi future friend

I really think those questions are better answered by ******

Each PCB manufacturer has their own way of doing things and they usually have limited options for materials to keep costs down.

1. Yes, if technically feasible. But only as custom defined stack up, more costly than pool production of popular standard stack up.
2. Stack up and other information has to be defined in accompanying documents or gerber doc layers. In odb++, the information might be embedded in the design, separate text doc is reasonable though.

3. RO4003 is laminate, not prepreg. There are no PTFE prepregs available, instead microwave multilayers would be made with special bonding film or possibly as Rogers/FR4 hybrid. These designs are very special and should be agreed with the factory before starting a design.

Hi,

You can just give PCB thickness, copper layer thickness and number of layers in your PCB fabrication drawing.
Let PCB manufacturer decide preperg thickness, if your board does not require high speed routing and impedance control.

Regards

The OP was asking for RO4003, simply assume high speed/RF and designed impedance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back