+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member level 4
    Points: 3,125, Level: 13

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    69
    Helped
    3 / 3
    Points
    3,125
    Level
    13

    Bi-directional amplifier for Wi-Fi

    Hi everyone,

    I want to built a bidirectional amplifier for Wi-Fi and i'm looking for design schematic to do that.

    Thank you for your help


    regards

    •   AltAdvertisement

        
       

  2. #2
    Full Member level 4
    Points: 885, Level: 6

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Roskilde, Denmark
    Posts
    206
    Helped
    9 / 9
    Points
    885
    Level
    6

    Re: Bi-directional amplifier for Wi-Fi

    Quote Originally Posted by guytoub View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I want to built a bidirectional amplifier for Wi-Fi and i'm looking for design schematic to do that.

    Thank you for your help


    regards
    Hi guytoub

    A bidirectional amplifier does not exist as such because an amplifier has no direction. Maybe you mean a "Wi-Fi Repeater"? In that case it consists of two IP routers and two 2.4GHz transceivers, are you sure you want to build such complex device from scratch? Have a look at this simple DIY ESP8266 based Wi-Fi repeater https://electronnicproject.blogspot....-repeater.html

    Just google ESP8266 Wi-Fi repeater and you should see many DIY projects.



  3. #3
    Full Member level 2
    Points: 1,042, Level: 7

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    145
    Helped
    20 / 20
    Points
    1,042
    Level
    7

    Re: Bi-directional amplifier for Wi-Fi

    Interesting design I came across recently: "Reconfigurable Dual Band Bidirectional Reflection Amplifier with Applications in Van Atta Array"
    paper1: https://ffarza2.people.uic.edu/RF_Circuits.html#Van
    paper2: https://www.semanticscholar.org/pape...ff9328fe476700
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bidirectional_schematic.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	248.6 KB 
ID:	154163
    It may be constructed using two FET transistors and microstrip quadrature hybrid coupler.
    FET reflection-type amplifiers are often used for series-feedback oscillators (design procedures could be found in many sources). For bidirectional amplifier application we must minimize reflections from hybrid.



    •   AltAdvertisement

        
       

  4. #4
    Full Member level 4
    Points: 885, Level: 6

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Roskilde, Denmark
    Posts
    206
    Helped
    9 / 9
    Points
    885
    Level
    6

    Re: Bi-directional amplifier for Wi-Fi

    Quote Originally Posted by Georgy.Moshkin View Post
    Interesting design I came across recently: "Reconfigurable Dual Band Bidirectional Reflection Amplifier with Applications in Van Atta Array"
    paper1: https://ffarza2.people.uic.edu/RF_Circuits.html#Van
    paper2: https://www.semanticscholar.org/pape...ff9328fe476700
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bidirectional_schematic.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	248.6 KB 
ID:	154163
    It may be constructed using two FET transistors and microstrip quadrature hybrid coupler.
    FET reflection-type amplifiers are often used for series-feedback oscillators (design procedures could be found in many sources). For bidirectional amplifier application we must minimize reflections from hybrid.
    Yeah, that would also have been my second suggestion



  5. #5
    Member level 4
    Points: 3,125, Level: 13

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    69
    Helped
    3 / 3
    Points
    3,125
    Level
    13

    Re: Bi-directional amplifier for Wi-Fi

    Quote Originally Posted by Swend View Post
    Yeah, that would also have been my second suggestion
    hello !


    thanks for your answer.

    i found this , https://www.qsl.net/n9zia/wireless/2.4amp-rfsense.html , and this is the same i wanted to do .
    what do you think about ?



  6. #6
    Advanced Member level 5
    Points: 29,953, Level: 42
    BigBoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    4,374
    Helped
    1318 / 1318
    Points
    29,953
    Level
    42

    Re: Bi-directional amplifier for Wi-Fi

    There are many 2.4GHz WiFi Fronts Ends here..
    https://www.qorvo.com/products/integ...work-equipment



    •   AltAdvertisement

        
       

  7. #7
    Full Member level 4
    Points: 885, Level: 6

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Roskilde, Denmark
    Posts
    206
    Helped
    9 / 9
    Points
    885
    Level
    6

    Re: Bi-directional amplifier for Wi-Fi

    Quote Originally Posted by guytoub View Post
    i found this , https://www.qsl.net/n9zia/wireless/2.4amp-rfsense.html , and this is the same i wanted to do .
    what do you think about ?
    It looks like a Reflection Amplifier to me, with the caveat that I'm not into RF (yet). But I would go with that build it seems some work already gone into it and that it therefore might work.

    In any case my initial response to you was a case of mistake identity so to speak, but Georgy.Moshkin cleared that up for me, props goes out to you my dear.



--[[ ]]--