Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drive P Channel Mosfet Using 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravkothari23

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all.
I am trying to Drive a 5V Solonied using 8051
Circuit Attached.
The gate of the Mosfet is not getting low. when i keep the mosfet OFF, it shows 5V at gate, but when i try to ON the mosfet using microcontroller 89S52, the voltage hardly drops to 3V, due to which my solonied does not gets active.

- - - Updated - - -

I am using 2 NPN Transistors to drive the Mosfet, because i need to invert the data.
when the system reset initially, all the port pins of microcontroller get high, so i dont want the solonied to get active at this stage.

Attachments

• P Channel Mft.png
    P Channel Mft.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 176

Hi.

My recommendations:
* use low side switching (easiest. Logic level N-CH)
* or use high side power switch
* or use one of the countless proven circuits given here in this forum and even more in the internet.

your circuit:
* no need to invert nor for a third transistor. Just use a pullup at the port pin.
* show (supply) voltages in the schematic
Every voltage measurement needs two points. When no other informatin is given then the voltage is meant to refer to GND.
Thus I assume when you say "gate voltage" you mean "gate to GND voltage".
But this is not how a MOSFET works. It switches ON/OFF by the value of "gate to source voltage"

Drawing a schematic:
* signal (information) flow is left to right
* top are positive (supply) voltages
* bottom are negative and GND voltages
* add all informations for the function to the schematic (like supply voltage)
This makes schematics more easy to read... and no need to switch between text and picture.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back