Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] driving a relay (5v supply)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Javid.zare.s

hi, I was planning to drive a relay for a small ldr project but I don't know why the relay does not turns on
the voltage is only 5 volt for now and I'm planning for 9v for later( if it don't blow 547)
is this voltage too low for relay operation? when I ordered the relay (black small one) they claim that it's 6v relay, ive tried to turn it on with 14v but nothing , it only shorts down my ps
**broken link removed**
my relays :
tmp-cam-379196126.jpg

Hi,

You are asking a quite general question.

--> There are countless questions and answers on how to drive a relay. Here in the forum and even more in the internet.
I´m sure you easily find them by doing a search.
Or even simpler: Hit one of the links in the box below "similar threads"

Especially for the used relay: read the datasheet, it contains all necessary informations.

After trying to find a sloution on your own you are welcom to ask a more detailed question.
For this please give link to the internet page you refer to, post (a link to ) the datasheet(s), tell us your ideas.
A photo of your circuit could also be useful.

Klaus

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

You are asking a quite general question.

--> There are countless questions and answers on how to drive a relay. Here in the forum and even more in the internet.
I´m sure you easily find them by doing a search.
Or even simpler: Hit one of the links in the box below "similar threads"

Especially for the used relay: read the datasheet, it contains all necessary informations.

After trying to find a sloution on your own you are welcom to ask a more detailed question.
For this please give link to the internet page you refer to, post (a link to ) the datasheet(s), tell us your ideas.
A photo of your circuit could also be useful.

Klaus

yep, I found that out. I searched before posting new thread but I couldn't find out the wiring diagram of my relay.

yep, I found that out. I searched before posting new thread but I couldn't find out the wiring diagram of my relay.

Use your multimeter to identify the two pins that has the solenoid. Set the multimeter to resistance, when you can measure a small resistance (a few ohms) then you know where the solenoid is, and the reminder of the pins would be your contacts.

Or google the part number "JZC-22F" and you will find the datasheet

https://www.jameco.com/Jameco/Products/ProdDS/144186.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back