Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Do I need footprint if I will just simulate in protues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to create nrf24l01 module library in proteus. And I was asking If I will need nrf24l01 chip's footprint?
I will connect it to arduino to do some simulation. I don't need a pcb layout design.

The footprint is only used for the PCB. It's not required for design layout or simulation.

The impression is utilized for the PCB. It's not required for structure design or reproduction.

I have been completing a reasonable piece of PCB configuration work recently, and I constantly used to utilize Proteus for schematic illustration, now and again mimicking and PCB plan.

I had a prerequisite to enable different clients to see the schematic in crude arrangement and Gerber design, so I normally recommended GCPrevue under Windows, yet then I had an issue with the crude configuration, as Proteus seems to be, obviously, a costly authorized application, so I began utilizing Eagle 6, had a frenzy about a CADCAM mistake then 6.1 turned out and all was cushy once more, and I truly loved Eagle, wasn't as "simple" to use as Proteus yet once you get back in to the rudiments and I read the instructional exercise and observed a few recordings it was genuinely straight forward, I haven't endeavored to make a section yet.

What truly astonished me was the number of impressions accessible for Eagle, Proteus has a decent determination however Eagle, WOW!

So my inquiry to every one of you veteran PCB fashioners is:

Had you the decision which bundle would you support between Proteus or Eagle and why? The main clear thing going for Eagle is there is a free form! I tried Easy-PC however returned to Eagle.

Besides on the off chance that you are aware of some other PCB configuration bundle that is free (but restricted, for example, Eagle 6 in pins and segments and board sizes and so on), or not unreasonably costly (for trialing), however has, for example, huge and broad library/network (for parts/impressions) as Eagle I might want to hear what your recommendations/contemplations are!

Status
Not open for further replies.