Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

minimum separation distance between this power station and data center

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineershora

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need your help

I have a project that includes data center beside two power transformers(1600KVA+2000KVA)

What is the minimum separation distance between this power station and data center

and what is the relevant standards?

Thank you very much

The proper grounding and the shielding geometry (e.g equipment chassis earthed, cables shielded) may affect more than the distance itself as well as much as possible not sharing any of the busses, one would expect to have the data center supplied throught a double conversion UPS system and make sure that cabling from both are within not the same metallic ducts, and not close enough to induce noise, particularly if routed in parallel. Anyway, these transformers are presumed to meet electromagnetic emission requirements, correct? BTW, I sympathize with your concern, it do not feel confortable to place sensitive devices in the vicinity of a power station. Think of shielding the room and the floor of the data center, or at least, enclosure transformers with metal cases (faraday gauge).

The proper grounding and the shielding geometry (e.g equipment chassis earthed, cables shielded) may affect more than the distance itself as well as much as possible not sharing any of the busses, one would expect to have the data center supplied throught a double conversion UPS system and make sure that cabling from both are within not the same metallic ducts, and not close enough to induce noise, particularly if routed in parallel. Anyway, these transformers are presumed to meet electromagnetic emission requirements, correct? BTW, I sympathize with your concern, it do not feel comfortable to place sensitive devices in the vicinity of a power station. Think of shielding the room and the floor of the data center, or at least, enclosure transformers with metal cases (faraday gauge).

Thank you very much
Thats right we should shield the data center
but i think shielding will be effective for medium and high frequencies emitted from transformer but 50 hz magnetic field is more difficult to shield it , also might be expensive

Which standard and book could i refer to solve this case
for shielding 50 Hz magnetic field
and for minimum separation distances between 50 Hz power equipments and data+communication equipment

I may be wrong, but something tells me that the same transformer that carries energy at low A/C frequencies which as you said, have weak emissions on the fundamental, they can also carry and emit all the high energy artifacts present in the electrical network, particularly if there is switching and/or motors fed through these transformers. But again, I admit my inability to determine the need to take a more rigorous precaution, this was only my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back