Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any way to make a rounded rectangle non-plated hole in Altium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TnF

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Well Altium has the option to make a pad rounded rectangle but for multi-layer it removes that option and only allows for a slot meaning the sides will always be a semi-circle and i require tighter radius corners.

Think of the non plated hole as a board cutout. There are no limitations for it, except for available milling tools. If you want a radius below e.g. 0.5 mm, clear with the PCB house first.

Yes i know the limitations of the pcb house, they are just gonna route the pcb to the desired cutout. But i can't draw it:/ Board cutout only allows for a polygon to be drawn..no arcs

ok i think i found a way: board cutout and use shift+space to change mode to 90 degree arc.
However i would much rather prefer to have it as a footprint which is a shame

Last edited:

Polygon can include arcs. I guess, you just haven't found how to draw it.

I don't specifically know with Altium, but all quality PCB tools that I know can include PCB contours in a footprint.

Polygon can include arcs. I guess, you just haven't found how to draw it.

I don't specifically know with Altium, but all quality PCB tools that I know can include PCB contours in a footprint.

well i dove deeper and indeed there is a way: You go to the footprint editor and you place a polygon poor cutout, and then set it to board cutout. If you use shift+space you can change drawing modes and let you put an arc as well :)

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
A hint... Place a SMD Square with Rounded Corners then place a Donut on it with a Drill Diameter smaller than Inner Circle ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back