Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design compiler synthesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

vyella1

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Forum,
I am working on RTL synthesis of an ECC Decoder(which has many sub modules) using design compiler, and I encountered a timing violation and the critical path is in sub module ABC. Accidentally I turned on a pipeline stage in different path (critical path and this path are not related at all) and it fixed the timing violation. Is it normal to see such synthesis behavior? I am trying to understand how it fixed the timing violation.

Hello Forum,
I am working on RTL synthesis of an ECC Decoder(which has many sub modules) using design compiler, and I encountered a timing violation and the critical path is in sub module ABC. Accidentally I turned on a pipeline stage in different path (critical path and this path are not related at all) and it fixed the timing violation. Is it normal to see such synthesis behavior? I am trying to understand how it fixed the timing violation.

I assume some form of retiming took place.

Thank you for responding Really, I am not Sam.
Even I thought the same and I checked the log file, the retiming option is not turned on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back