Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to load an already compiled design in Design Compiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asic_architect

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have already compiled a large design and wrote out .ddc. and exited DC. I am looking to do some optimizations on the same design. If I load that .ddc, I get different QoR than the original. I am just loading the .ddc. What am I doing wrong? Is there any other file I should load?

Tks

Hello,

I have already compiled a large design and wrote out .ddc. and exited DC. I am looking to do some optimizations on the same design. If I load that .ddc, I get different QoR than the original. I am just loading the .ddc. What am I doing wrong? Is there any other file I should load?

Tks

you need to reload the netlist, any constraints, corners, and all libraries.

Shouldn't the constraints be contained within the ddc? I think most are. But it's possible that the timing_derate contraints are not contained in the ddc. If anyone can confirm this please comment. I'm running experiments now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back