Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design circular antenna array

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanadi_alsalti

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how i can design a circular antenna array with 4 rectangular patch elements using HFSS.

If i understand correctly, you are asking about circular polarized array. The following links give some idea:

Circular_Polarization_with_Four_Patch_Antennas.gif
https://www.qsl.net/va3iul/Antenna/...lar_Polarization_with_Four_Patch_Antennas.gif

thnQ

I guess this link can help me in practical design but i need some help in design it on HFSS,
The design i need to apply it as on Jackson Paper
" Theory, design, and measurement of novel uniform circular antenna arrays for direction of arrival estimation"
" Brad Jackson
Bruce Liao
Sreeaman Rajan
DRDC – Ottawa Research Centre
Sichun Wang
Communications Research Centre Canada "
how he design the antenna using software this what i need

Patch antenna uniform circular array is understood in the paper like this (all patches have same linear polarisation)

uca.PNG

I know that but when i applied this in HFSS give me an error and the feed was used coaxial.

am not perfect at HFSS. So I need some helps in steps how design as this model if you know ^_^

I think direction of arrival may be analyzed without HFSS, some formulas similar to monopulse angle estimation, to see if it is feasible (spacing, substrate size).
Use HFSS to design single patch antenna with any kind of port, and maybe put additional 3 dummy substrate rectangles to analyze how it affects radiation pattern.
I never used HFSS, so not much help here.

thnQ a lot.
I guess I found the problem but not sure, any way a lot of thanks you give me some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back