Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

No Signal LG 22LG3000 TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

KweenBo

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a LG 22LG3000 lcd tv. Problem: it was working fine then it suddenly said 'no signal'. I turned it off, when I turned it back on I got the welcome screen and setup wizard. I went through to autotuning, it searched but no channels were selected. I exited the wizard and it said 'not programmed'. Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks.

what is this connected to? cable box? antenna? Is your cable box/antenna working? Does this work with a DVD player? Chromecast?

it suddenly said 'no signal'. I turned it off, when I turned it back on I got the welcome screen and setup wizard

This sounds as though it lost all saved channels and lost the ability to detect broadcasts.

Hook up a vcr or other device (example, rf modulator) that provides output on channel 3 or 4. It's a way you can check whether your tv still is still able to handle rf signals. If it works then execute the auto-program routine, to see if it saves the channel coming from the vcr.

If it fails then test it with a signal from a DVD or other player that produces video (composite, or RGB, etc.).

One time we lost our cable tv signal all of a sudden. After fiddling with every connector on every splitter throughout the house, I finally fixed it by sanding/scraping the center wire in the incoming cable connector (located in the garage). I'm pretty sure it was tarnish. A year or two later it happened again.

what is this connected to? cable box? antenna? Is your cable box/antenna working? Does this work with a DVD player? Chromecast?

It's connected to antenna.

I tried the DVD player and the video shows on screen but no audio!

When the problem started I had it on 'mute' using the remote but it's definitely not still on mute.

Also, now after I switch it off (small red light) and off at the wall plug, when I switch the wall plug back on the TV comes on automatically (small blue light) with welcome message, etc.

As I go through the wizard before auto tuning it says 'make sure your antenna is connected' - which it is.

FYI - we had a big electrical storm with loads of lightening the night before and the fire alarm went off in our whole building, but as far as I know it didn't strike us directly. But now I'm wondering if it upset something...?

Thanks for any help.

This sounds as though it lost all saved channels and lost the ability to detect broadcasts.

Hook up a vcr or other device (example, rf modulator) that provides output on channel 3 or 4. It's a way you can check whether your tv still is still able to handle rf signals. If it works then execute the auto-program routine, to see if it saves the channel coming from the vcr.

If it fails then test it with a signal from a DVD or other player that produces video (composite, or RGB, etc.).

One time we lost our cable tv signal all of a sudden. After fiddling with every connector on every splitter throughout the house, I finally fixed it by sanding/scraping the center wire in the incoming cable connector (located in the garage). I'm pretty sure it was tarnish. A year or two later it happened again.

Yes, that's what it looks like. I'm using antenna.

It shows video from DVD player but no audio. It was on 'mute' when the problem started.

I don't have a VCR. Can I auto-program using a DVD player? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Is your DVD player connected to the RF input, or the analog/RGB inputs? Does it even HAVE an RF (coaxial) output? Not all do.

The fact that it can't autoprogram AND has no audio with the DVD player are two totally unrelated problems. The only common thing would be if there were a (defective) microcontroller in there that controlled both functions.

It can't autoprogram, but have you tried manually changing stations?

we had a big electrical storm with loads of lightening the night before and the fire alarm went off in our whole building

That is liable to knock out something in your tv.

Do your living units get a tv broadcast feed from an amplified distribution system? Perhaps that got knocked out? Try running a wire from your tv antenna input to a window, then you might pick up a strong station.

Sometimes it helps if we remove all power from a crashed device for a minute, or an hour, or a day. Let all circuits fall back to zero.

Thanks for the help. I'll let you know if it comes back :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back