Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with repair. 12v 3000w inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stockleys

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all.
First time post for me
I’m after some help
I am trying to repair a high frequency 3000w inverter.
It worked great for 3 weeks when I got it (after replacing 2 IGBT’s)
But then they blew and many more replacements

I bought a new spwm board from the manufacturer and a complete new set of IGBT’s along with their associated resistors and diode.

Installed. And nothing. Bout 10 seconds in and one of the h bridge drivers exploded.

So I ordered an EGS002 board from amazon. All pinouts exactly the same. Same chips as the spwm from the manufacturer only a third the price.

I have installed this and tested all components around it including the IGBT’s. They are all good.

The IGBT’s are getting a steady 390vdc
The spwm getting a steady 5v and 12v
But I can’t get an output. I can hear the transformers buzz for 3 seconds then stop I get a blip of up to 8vac at the output.

The spwm board flashes out the code for under voltage and over current. I don’t have a current detection device fitted as it didn’t have one from the factory.

Where do I go from here? I don’t own a scope. Only a ddm.

Thanks in advance

What is the deadtime setting? According to EGS002 manual, default deadtime is 300ns. Deadtime can be set with solderable jumpers to 1,5us, which would be better for IGBT.

The factory spwm was set to 300ms. So that’s what I used. My egs002 came with no pre made jumps for settings

The modules I can see on Ebay/Amazon seem all be the same, and I think there are positions to solder jumpers to set deadtime. See the attached image. Desoldering jumpers JP7 and JP8 and soldering JP3 and JP4 should change deadtime to 1,5us, but this is just based on the image on Ebay and the manual. Of course, your board might be different.

EGS002 board deadtime setting.png

jumper settings.png

Yeah. That’s correct. They are all the same. Using the same asic
I have ordered myself a 2ch usb scope. So before I go changing any of the settings, I want to scope the pwn outputs. I’m currently thinking I have a duff spwm.
I will let you know the outcome.
What benefit would I have for using 1.5us?

So I got ANOTHER egs002 from Amazon. And a usb scope. Old egs002 had a waveform that looked totally different to new one. So I installed new board. Switch on. Nothing. Looks like it’s popped yet another pair of IGBT’s. Wtf is going on. All new components. A factory build inverter and it just doesn’t want to know

- - - Updated - - -

the screen shot on its own shows the new board with a filter on output 3 and 4

64951242_1144913869029602_1649327919098494976_n.jpg

the double image shows the first and second egs002 waveforms both without filters.

- - - Updated - - -

Untitled.png

double screen shot

Status
Not open for further replies.