Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to assign a value to a signal in a systemverilog assertion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammedjay

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

I have two sequences, s1 and s2. I have a property that checks these two sequences.
for example,

Code:
sequence s1 
req ##3 gnt;
endseqence

sequence s2
ack;
endsequence

Now I make use of a property for an assertion to check these two sequences.

Code:
property p1;
@(posedge clk) disable iff(reset)
s1 |-> s2;
endproperty

assert property (p1) else $warning("Assertion failed");

Once the property has been asserted successfully, is there a way where I can trigger a signal (say X) HIGH? I want it to trigger HIGH only when the property has been successfully asserted during the rest of the time, I want it to be LOW.

Any suggestions would be of great help, thank you.

Surely there exists the equivalent of an IF-THEN-ELSE construct in whatever language you ainre using? That's programming 101.

I notice an 'iff' keyword.? ?

hi,

I have two sequences, s1 and s2. I have a property that checks these two sequences.
for example,

Code:
sequence s1 
req ##3 gnt;
endseqence

sequence s2
ack;
endsequence

Now I make use of a property for an assertion to check these two sequences.

Code:
property p1;
@(posedge clk) disable iff(reset)
s1 |-> s2;
endproperty

assert property (p1) else $warning("Assertion failed");

Once the property has been asserted successfully, is there a way where I can trigger a signal (say X) HIGH? I want it to trigger HIGH only when the property has been successfully asserted during the rest of the time, I want it to be LOW.

Any suggestions would be of great help, thank you.

this is counter intuitive. assertions are a verification artifact, they should not interfere with the design, nor generate any signals on demand.

- - - Updated - - -

Surely there exists the equivalent of an IF-THEN-ELSE construct in whatever language you ainre using? That's programming 101.

I notice an 'iff' keyword.? ?

you missed the point completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back