Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Import chipscopes data to matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

amin5659

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi every one. i want to log some data bus in chip_scope and import this data to matlab.
with ascii exporting data bus, chip_scope gives txt file like this
Capturesdfsd.PNG
how can i take this hex datas from txt file with matlab and convert it to integer?

thanks. how can i just import this hex data to MATLAB.? as you see there is sample window and sample buffer which i have to ignore. i dont know how...

how can i just import this hex data to MATLAB.? as you see there is sample window and sample buffer which i have to ignore.
Just write a script in your fav scripting language (Bash, Perl, Python) which will read the txt file you have posted and write out the desired file to be read by MAtlab.

Just write a script in your fav scripting language (Bash, Perl, Python) which will read the txt file you have posted and write out the desired file to be read by MAtlab.

You could just write the script in MATLAB; why bother bringing another tool into the mess? Just use fopen and fgetl to read each line. You'll have to parse the line depending on your data. For your case it looks like you just need to extract the third element and stick it into an array which you play with after all the lines have been read in. Something like:

Code:
while 1
line=fgetl(fileid);
if ~ischar(line),break,end;
c=strsplit(line);
data=eval(char(c(3)));
d_array(index)=data;
index+1;
end

You could just write the script in MATLAB; why bother bringing another tool into the mess?
I don't use Matlab!
So I jst gave the basic idea of using scripts. Now if it can be done in Matlab, good for the OP.

I don't use Matlab!
So I jst gave the basic idea of using scripts. Now if it can be done in Matlab, good for the OP.
The question was “how to import into matlab”. You answered a totally different question.

Sorry, my bad......didn't read #1 thoroughly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back