Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does this ARM Microcontroller development board I have designed work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashvat

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, I am Sashvat, just joined this forum just now, I want your help in my schematic and circuits. I have built this STM32F334K4T6 microcontroller development board. I simply built this for fun, just to gain knowledge in ARM uC programming and improve my circuit designing skills.

I would like to know if the circuit I have created will power on and work by uploading code to blink an LED and be able to read sensors etc. Please let me know if I have gone wrong anywhere. I am also uploading the PCB I have created for this, I haven't filled the PCB with ground copper, I will do it as you give it a go, I have done it so that its easy for you to see the wiring I have done. I am just in 12th grade so please explain me so that its easy for me to understand.

Most importantly, please let me know wether it works and serves a purpose as a microcontroller development board.

Thank you all very much for your time and patience!! :)

Attachments

• Schematic_STM32F334K4T6-MCU-development-board_Sheet-1_20190616170648.pdf
    66.8 KB · Views: 41
  • PCB_STM32F334K4T6-MCU-development-board_20190616170750.pdf
    15.2 KB · Views: 42

no idea if it will work
however:

IF Vcc is 3.3 V, 24.9 ohm resistor R2 may be too small
I don't know the current capability of your processor

you're having PA13 act as a source for LED2
R1 may be the right size - so R2 should be about the same
again, i don't know the current capability of the processor, either as a source or a sink

some of the PWB traces may be too close to one another

further evaluation will require a program for the processor

you can buy a variety of already wired development boards for a variety of processors
I have one from cypress, one from ST and one from microchip
they have training manuals, examples, forums, etc
and, based on the cost for a bare PWB, like the one you designed, the net cost is less
because the parts and instructions etc. are included, its assembled and it works out of the box.

(all i need to do is spend some time with one or another of the
development kits rather than on this forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back