Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacing AT45DB081B with SST25VF080B

Status
Not open for further replies.

neazoi

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, in my project **broken link removed** I want to replace the AT45DB081B with SST25VF080B which is available in DIP.
**broken link removed** (reference manual, see past the middle of this page)

I wonder is that possible to do such a replacement?

I have tried it and it does not seem to work, although I may have made a mistake. As far as I can see it the computer dies not care what kind of eeprom is there as long as it can communicate with it.

Note that initially I have measured the voltage on the led output and it was 4.3v or so, so I replaced the 1k with a 470R and it is now 3.6v. I am telling you that because maybe the connections are right but I burned out the eprom at first time?

Last edited:

The chips have different memory organisation and mostly different command sets. Although you can find access methods common to both devices, It's unlikely that a code written for 45xx81 will support the other.

Reactions: neazoi

neazoi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.