Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CPW based superconducting resonator using CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn-zxb

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I simulated some superconducting Resonator by CST. but I can't find any resonating in S21 by time domain solver, but when I used frequency domain solver, It resonated, but not in the right frequency. what is problem? I checked all the parameter I know, boundary condition, background material, accuracy etc.

Attachments

• cpw_silicon=125um_Grounded_SC_central=3um.cst.zip
    67.2 KB · Views: 100

If you think about the simulation method, high Q resonance and time domain solver is not a good combination.

The users that I know use Sonnet for accurate calculation of their superconducting resonators, and use CST only for visualization (field plots) of the superconducting resonators.

Thank you for your answer, I am trying to make some combination of CPW and Metamaterials structures, Sonnet seems to not good for metamaterials, and CST suit has enough solver to handle this situation, the problem is I just can not find a right good resonate in S21.

I would first use the Eigenmode solver for the resonator alone without any coupling structure & ports. Once the desired resonance is established, you can proceed to a driven mode f-domain simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back