Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current transformer and reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpha91

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, I am require to make a circuit which will give On/Off output if the current from current transformer is high.

May I know what's the requirement of such design?
For this circuit, I do not need to read the actual amp, do not need high accuracy because the purpose of this circuit just use to detect whether the mixer is having load inside and give a output signal.
Previous practice is using CT coil with ammeter but current we need to lower down the cost of our system.

and I am actually referring this video to build this project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3YSHhS39Bc&t=900s

Hi all, I am require to make a circuit which will give On/Off output if the current from current transformer is high.

May I know what's the requirement of such design?
For this circuit, I do not need to read the actual amp, do not need high accuracy because the purpose of this circuit just use to detect whether the mixer is having load inside and give a output signal.
Previous practice is using CT coil with ammeter but current we need to lower down the cost of our system.

and I am actually referring this video to build this project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3YSHhS39Bc&t=900s

you apparently have a current transformer and get actual currents.
you need to determine what is too much current
then look at your circuit to see what the output of the current transformer is
then use a comparator so that its output is (your choice - high or low) for under current
and (the other choice) for overcurrent
add a positive feedback resistor for hysteresis
the output of the comparator is your ok/not ok signal

Status
Not open for further replies.