Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SOT23-5 Component with Code starting with UU - Trying to identify the component

Status
Not open for further replies.

northtrader

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am working on doing some reverse engineering on a circuit that uses a piezo element to 'sense' virbrations on a musical instrument and then computes whether the vibration matches the frequency of a predetermined pitch frequency.
I figured out most of the components on the base plate except for the SOT23-5 component in the circuit. I have about four different base plates to look at and, on each one, the SMD SOT23-5 component has four characters and each code starts with UU. I'm guessing the remaining two characters, different on all four examples, must be some sort of date code.
Here's a photo of the on board components and a sketch of the schematic from my dissection of the circuit.

Circuit Photo.JPG

Circuit.JPG

This is my understanding of what is most likely going on in the circuit:
The positive from the piezo element 'enters' the circuit from the left. The raw signal is 'tapped' at point I10 and sent to the processor board and then goes into the SMD component that I'm trying to identify. There appears to be a 'tap' of an output signal at E10 that also gets sent to the processor board.

Thanks for the assistance.

It is probably a Microchip MCP6L91 opamp.

**broken link removed**

Edit:
I10 is connected to pin 1, which is the output of the opamp (the amplified input signal).
The input signal goes to pin 4 (which is the "virtual ground" negative input of the opamp).
E10 is the supply voltage.

Thanks a bunch. I will explore the Microchip MCP6L91 opamp.

For anyone else who may stumble upon this thread. Here is a more refined drawing of the circuit. Upon researching op-amps, it appears this is a differential (not differentiating) op amp circuit with an AC integrator and DC Gain Control. Thanks again for the assistance @std_match

Baseplate Circuit 02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back