Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drinks machine job = SMPS design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hi,
Just got the JD for a electronics job making drinks machines.

proven track record in developing innovative electro mechanical products? Do you want to develop sophisticated products that automate the process of drink and coffee preparation?

Are the power supplies likely to be bought in from China, or they design them themselves?.....what voltage do you think the BLDC motors run at?...what power might they be?

Would the main offline power supply be bought in or custom design?....what power level would it be?

I think if I was interviewing someone and they asked those exact questions of me, it would raise their chances of getting the job. Nobody can answer you except the drinks machine company themselves but showing appreciation of the various options would demonstrate that you had knowledge of the kind of market and equipment they compete in.

BTW, I think you might be expecting too much of the machines, all the ones I have seen are simple solenoid timers and mechanical thermostats.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.