Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

calculating or guessing the load of the circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

iaf

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello, i have an integrated circuit for creating a reset signal to a microcontroller and i wanted to know if there's a way for guessing or calculating the load of the circuit. My guess as it is a digital circuit followed by this circuit so the area of the MOSFETs will be minimal making the output capacitance very low (my guess 100fF) and the Rds on should be also low in that case. the point is having a guess what would the value of the parasitic capacitances and resistance. does anyone have experience with that?

if you have a manufacturer and a part number for this IC

without information, best guess:

if the power supply to your "rest" IC and the power supply to the microcontroller are the same,
then connecting the (appropriate) output of one to the (appropriate) input of the other should be ok

if the electronic families are the same, you should be ok connecting them

hello, i have an integrated circuit for creating a reset signal to a microcontroller and i wanted to know if there's a way for guessing or calculating the load of the circuit. My guess as it is a digital circuit followed by this circuit so the area of the MOSFETs will be minimal making the output capacitance very low (my guess 100fF) and the Rds on should be also low in that case. the point is having a guess what would the value of the parasitic capacitances and resistance. does anyone have experience with that?

Can we just put an external resistor and measure voltage?

i don't have a specific microcontroller for my circuit and i wanted to calculate the load to simulate it and see the results of my circuit

Review the datasheets of industry standard reset controllers to get an idea of useful load specifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.