Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming the LTC6904

Status
Not open for further replies.

lerameur

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

The datasheet of the LTC6904 square wave generator says:
Slave AddressThe LTC6904 can respond to one of two 7-bit addresses. The first 6 bits (MSBs) have been factory programmed to 001011. The address pin, ADR (Pin 4) is programmed by the user and determines the LSB of the slave address, as shown in the table below:
ADR (Pin 4)LTC6904 Address#1: 0010111
address #2 : 0010110

SInce I have both IC on the same line, I'd liek to distinguish each of the IC. the datasheet does not tell me how to initially program each of the IC to those addresses. Anybody has a clue ?

Ken

Hi,

It's rather straight forward:

On one chip set pin4 = 0 (low) and thus set the address to 0010111
On the other chip set pin4 = 1 (high) and thus set the address to 0010110
(Edit: corrected to inverted logic)
Klaus

Last edited:

hello,

Exactly... but what is not told, and I would assume... that we have to do that individually and THEN but both LTC6904 on the same line circuit. SO are we programming an 'semi permanent' address ?
Because if we initially put both IC on the same bus, we donr know whick is whick, the datasheet is not clear about that.

Ken

Hi,

The datasheet is as clear as can be.

You (the designer) should know at which IC you connect pin4 to GND....and at which IC pin4 is connected to VCC....
There is nothing unclear...

I assume you did not draw a simple schematic....
If you did .. you know which IC is which.

If still unclear:
--> draw a schematic and post it, so we can discuss about it.

Klaus

Added:
Sorry, my previous post was wrong in one item: the ADR pin is inversed, thus
* if ADR = 0 then slave address = 0010111
* if ADR = 1 then slave address = 0010110

Klaus

Hi,

The datasheet is as clear as can be.

You (the designer) should know at which IC you connect pin4 to GND....and at which IC pin4 is connected to VCC....
There is nothing unclear...

I assume you did not draw a simple schematic....
If you did .. you know which IC is which.

If still unclear:
--> draw a schematic and post it, so we can discuss about it.

Klaus

Added:
Sorry, my previous post was wrong in one item: the ADR pin is inversed, thus
* if ADR = 0 then slave address = 0010111
* if ADR = 1 then slave address = 0010110

Klaus

OK,
thats not the way I understood it from your text:
If you look at page 11 at the bottom most of the page, you will see a 29 bit address scheme.
the slave address, I thought we needed to PROGRAM it into the device memory. then send the bits to access the proper unit.
The datasheet said that they ''programmed'' the first 6 bits 001011. and the user need to program the remaining bit. I guess they should of said to either ground or pull up the 7th bit.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back