Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC DC converter for EFB-REV1

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew-56

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello experts

we are looking for a DC DC component. Now the power supply is output is 5V from EFB-REV1

we need to step down to 3.3V since we are connecting a sensor that consumes 40mA.

now i am looking for a DC DC converter component which can convert 5V to 3.3V without dissipating too much power

Regards

Thanks summit can you please send me any component part number we can check if that works for us or not

Hi,

now i am looking for a DC DC converter component which can convert 5V to 3.3V without dissipating too much power
How much power is "too much power"?
70mW (of heat) is hardly to recognize on a SMD mounted part.

if 70mW is OK for you, then just use a low power (CMOS?) linear regulator.
Otherwise give a useful specification.

Almost every distributor has online selection tools
Almost every DCDC converter manufacturer has online selection tools

You surely don´t need us to input the values for you...

Klaus

The easiest and cheapest: An LDO, like the very popular LD1117 V33.

On the opposite end of the spectrum there are synchronous switch-mode buck regulators, made by many semiconductor manufacturers.

With only 40 mA and a 1.7 volt overhead, the power loss might be low enough to be acceptable, so perhaps the latter solution is an overkill.

if you want you can use an RT6208 based buck converter. The datasheet tells you how to set it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.