Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fast rise time Mosfet

Status
Not open for further replies.

lerameur

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I am seeking a 1 ns rise time mosfet.
I only found these two but they are about 4ns TPH3206 and SD210
40v Vds and .5A is what I need but higher rated voltage does not matter.
1ns rise time is what I seek,
Anyone has worked with this fast Mosfet.
Digikey does not a filter for rise time.

ken

Hi,

a single MOSFET has no risetime ... it needs a complete circuit to determine risetime.
Usually shown in the datasheet(s) they specified the risetime.

If you look carefully you will see that you need a very fast and precise gate control to achieve a fast MOSFET risetime.
I would not be surprised if the "test circuit" for the risetime in the datsheet shows a several 10,000.00 $ signal generator to create the gate drive signal.

And I assume your gate drive signal needs to be faster than the MOSFET output signal (10% to 90% voltage) ... here I see the problem for your self made high speed MOSFET circuit.

If you want us to check the datsheets then give a link to them.

Klaus

I will be using the mosfet driver ISL55110... driven by a picchip
I am going to switch 12v and .2 amp max.

A reasonable specification should include the load impedance.

40V 0.5A isn't particularly high power. I would suggest a RF MOSFET or ultimately GaN FET.

A reasonable specification should include the load impedance.

40V 0.5A isn't particularly high power. I would suggest a RF MOSFET or ultimately GaN FET.

I heard the RF mosfet was not the best for square wave, as I need full saturation or off.

I doubt that 1 ns saturated switching is feasible with regular Si MOSFET in the requested voltage and current range. It's simply the combination of parameters, e.g. gm, capacitances, bulk resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.