Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in receiving SMS with SIM800C

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHARMIK123

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using sim800c gsm module in my device and I am facing SMS receiving problems. I am from India where there are different sim card companies such as Jio, tata docomo, Vodaphone, Airtel.I had inserted Airtel sim card in the device which contains SIM800C GSM module and it connects properlly to the network. Now I try to receive SMS on my mobile phone with different sim card companys. I had tried to receive SMS in each sim card company. Now the strange thing happens in tata docomo sim I received SMS properly but in jio sim I get a blank message and in rest of the company SMS did not even delivered.

Hi,

To me it sounds as if the problem is provider related, not SIM800C related.

Sending/receiving the first SMS after signed in to a provider may be delayed.

Klaus

Hi,

To me it sounds as if the problem is provider related, not SIM800C related.

Sending/receiving the first SMS after signed in to a provider may be delayed.

Klaus

It is strange because the module is able to make a call to all sim card company and also when I send SMS from my mobile with different sim comany then also GSM module is able to recive message perfectlly.
And I had noticed that this problem arises at different places and at some place device works perfectly and I had also checked network strength and battery voltage that both things are perfect.

Different networks may use different SMS alphabets. If your software is only prepared to receive text mode messages, some messages may not be decoded properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.