Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any way to auto-wire schematic from a text/table file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TnF

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello i'm new to using Altium, and i am designing a keyboard. I have over 100 switches with rgb lights so 6 pads each. Is there is a way to put the components and write an excel file to say this component pad connects to this component pad and have altium auto-wire the schematic for me?

Kind regards

Does altium import a RINF file?
If so then yes that is one way to do it.

hard work, so can you not simply use copy & paste a lot instead?

Well i don't know..i will look into it. It's just i'll need an A0 to fit all these and then wire them without mistake. I think i'm just gonna use ports and rename them instead.

Hi,

I assume:
after "copy and paste" and renaming.... you can generate a netlist and compare this with your Excel file... just to be sure everything is correct.

Klaus

Hi,

I assume:
after "copy and paste" and renaming.... you can generate a netlist and compare this with your Excel file... just to be sure everything is correct.

Klaus

haha the whole point was not to do all the work myself :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back