Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connection Servo Motor to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

noknow

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

i have a project and have constructed a test rig. For the demonstration and application of the control (input output of the results) i need to connect the sensors and the motor to the pc and to the voltage supply (socket). Unfortunately i know i am not very good at the electric part and havent done this before. I only learned the theory, but didnt the practice. Can someone give some advice or tips how to make it?

I would like to drive the test rig with a servo motor (has a motor drive; 24V DC) and have sensors at the test rig, which i would like to connect also to the pc.

How it can be done?

I would be very happy about any helpful answer!

Thank you in advance!

you must give more information for getting some useful answers.
what sensor and its voltage/current spec and motor spec and details.

How do you propose to control from PC? Is there any package already available ?

Give a rough sketch for your proposed idea.

Hi,

You don't give much information...about motor drive, current, sensor interface(s), sensor count, which PC software...
Thus we have no idea about your situation...

How it can be done?
I assume you already know, that a valid answer is "with wires", thus I'm asking myself which answer are you looking for.
(Device selection, interface selection, wiring, soldering, writing code, power supplies...)

Try this:
Do an internet search for similar projects (there are millions in the internet). Find out what hardware (sensors, motor drive...) they use, how they connected them and how they talked to them.

Then draw an overview of your application and all devices you already know you want to use...and their connections..

Thin pick up one single item (item after item) and ask more detailed questions.

Klaus

I understand how to connect the servo motor to the motor drive. I would like to ask how i can connect the motor driveto a 24V DC and then this 24 V DC voltage source to the 220 V socket. I would be very happy about a description or a tutorial with a description how can the connection be made.

then this 24 V DC voltage source to the 220 V socket....

And this part is simple; you need a 24V DC power supply. You can get 100's of power supply (readymade for you) with diverse specifications. Get one that meets your power requirement.

I would like to ask how i can connect the motor driveto a 24V DC...

Certainly it will help all of us if you kindly tell us what kind of motor you have; for brevity, just send us the boilerplate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back