Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Overloading Arithmethic operators in Design Compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

javierh.santiago

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing research at component level, and basically would like to synthesize new circuits at architecture level. However, would like to have an efficient method to substitute all the arithmethic circuits automatically in all the RTL code for evaluation purpose. Wondering if there is a way to apply the concept of "operator overloading" during the synthesis process in design compiler so I can use my own circuit instead of conventional designs given by the tool with the operators "+" or "*"?

-Francisco

You can create a workaround, but it will be mighty ugly. You should also look into using designware libraries for your big arithmetic operands intead of the +/* signs.

You can create a workaround, but it will be mighty ugly. You should also look into using designware libraries for your big arithmetic operands intead of the +/* signs.

I am using the principles of approximate computing in arithmetic circuits for research purpose. For bigger arithmethic operands I am using the designware library as part of small sub-designs for the approximate multiplier. Planning to synthesize only that component, but later I would like to instantiate it by means of the * sign at the whole architecture. Could you provide details about the workaround?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back