Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

COnductive vs Non-Conductive Power Connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoui333

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I was looking for a power connector and i saw the options of Shell Plating to be either Conductive or non-conductive .
What does it actually mean for the device and user?

Thanks,
Stoui

Hi,

Give a link to this information.

Klaus

Hi,

Here u go:

Pic.PNG

Since there a 2 connector types how does the selection affect the connected device power-wise and the safety of the user?

Hi,

I asked for a link.

Alternatively post the complete datasheet

Klaus

They seem to refer to MIL connectors.

I don't think that the shell finish has safety impact. An anodized surface hardly provides functional isolation, neither can the classical cadmium plated surface work as protective earth connection, I assume.

Here is a link to an amphenol connector.

On the specs table -> shell Plating: Non-Conductive Black Zinc

The specific connector can be also -> shell Plating: Conductive Black Zinc

Thanks

This is referring as siad to mil spec connectors, usually D38999 beasties, if your using them for a mil contract, then the finish will be specified, if not pick the one suitable for the design at hand... Used both in the past, mainly olive drab/conductive.
If you need this type of connector there are plastic bodies connectors that may suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back