Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB manufacturing by printing webs with a conductive material (school assignment)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentGuy

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In addition to etching and milling PCBs, there is nowadays also a technique for manufacturing PCBs by printing webs with a conductive material on a carrier, this is what my teacher said but i cant find any machine that does this and offcourse im a beginner, can someone pls help me bij just give a machine that does this, only the machine name is enough for me,

thanks in advance!!

about 30 years ago, i worked on a project where the prime contractor built a few boards (about 25 cm by 25 cm)
using a small gauge wire run point to point on a "sticky" substrate
they coated it with some sort of epoxy(?) like stuff so it looked like a PWB
they then drilled holes for all the leads of all the components and soldered in the components.

the drilled holes cut through all the wires at a pin, exposing the wire to the pin and the solder
worked fine

how much do you think a pcb cost with the usage of conductive inkt?

- - - Updated - - -

how much would a pcb cost with the usage of condutive inkt? do you know it?

It looks like Voltera has a online store and the ink is $99 and it says it can print ~85 simple boards.

They also have a "starter kit" that appears to come with ink, the printer, solder paste, and various other stuff. Looks like enough to make a small number of PCBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back